The Run club met at the Temple for a little mosey AMRAP. YHC tried to create a plan for all abilities so no one could make up an excuse to bail. In sales classes they teach you to handle objections like these:
- “It hurts my knees or calves to run down Woodland”. Fine, we’ll go down the gentler slope of Law St. and come up Woodland Dr.
- “I can’t keep up with you guys” If you can run a 32 minute mile you can run this route. You just might get passed.
The theme today was “consistency”. Set a pace on the first lap and maintain it or beat it.
The route: Start at Temple, head down Home turn left on Law, left on Greenwood, left on Prestwood, up Woodland Dr. for a 1.4 mile loop. Based on your pace, do this as many times as possible for 45 minutes. If you have a few minutes to spare at the end, finish with hill repeats waiting on the 6.
- 8 min/mile pace–4 laps
- 10 min/mile pace—3 laps
- 16 min/mile pace—2 laps
- 32 min/mile pace—1 lap
- The Fox 2/4/17. EVERYONE needs to sign up to run or volunteer
- Greenacres Grandmother, Arnold Mother-in-law, Woodchip new baby
- Good luck to Arnold, Bowtie, and 2.0 in the Charleston Half Marathon tomorrow
Talked about being consistent spiritually as well as physically. Audit closed us out in prayer.
- Tclaps to prerunners Arnold, Coxswain, and YHC. Also spotted Valleyboy and Mutt running down Home
- Upon realizing FIA was there doing their Temple thing on Fridays, Audit and Arnold immediately remove their shirts. The FIA girls didn’t stay long after that.
- This is a GB approved course because of the bathroom facilities available at Prestwood (presently out of TP), the Portapotty in front of Stallions house, and Benchwarmers gracious invitation to use his house if necessary.
- Notable Fartsackers from the neighborhood include Wall-E, Bowtie, Stallion, Schafer, Tater Salad, Heart Attack, Dipstick, Pusher as well as other sad clowns like Dee Brown, Jack Bryan, Hal Cummings, Taters Bro-in-law, etc.