A lot of lame excuses were flying around (see Moleskin) Friday so YHC wasn’t expecting a large turnout. Despite all these low achievers, 20 PAX strolled in from all the AO’s including Tater Salad with an FNG.
The plan was to arrive early, figure everything out and get a few miles in. On the way in I noticed flashing lights near the new Roundabout and thought they had blocked off Home Ave. It turned out to be Krispy Kreme rucking in Hula/kilt and flashing airport beacon strapped to his arse. You can’t make this stuff up.
Tclaps to other early workout warriors Jogging FNG Porky, Chuck E Cheese burpee madness, Dumper finishing a 5 miler after 2 days on the bleachers at Gridiron, and Chicken Fried rucking from Farsight. YHC ran around the block and spent the rest of the time in the Fairfield Inn bathroom.
YHC had a few ideas that took up the first half, but winged the last 30 minutes, so Excuse Me. Here’s what went down.
- SSH x 25 IC (as usual waiting on Audit)
- Slow Merkins IC X15
- Clinic Arm Circles (on your 6 feet 6″ off the ground) X15 IC each way
- Copperhead Squats X 15 IC
Line up on sidewalk for 12’s (11 Burpees/1 BBS to 1 burpee/11 BBS) Run across length of Burry Park between sets. When finished add another set of 6/6 and/or complete 10 pullups/10 BBS and run a lap. Continue this format until everyone finishes the 12’s.
After everybody got good and warmed up, PAX were asked to grab a block and set up on sidewalk behind Y.
Compete 3 block exercises (thrusters, derkins, dips x12) followed by overhead carry (or dairy carry or shoulder carry) to opposite sidewalk and back. Continue this AMRAP for about 15 minutes until I figure out what we’re going to do next. Put up blocks and return to sidewalk. The Clinic guys were dumbfounded when told everyone finishes at the same time on an AMRAP so there is no winner.
To kill some time, and in honor of the Red Foxes playing in the state championship, YHC gave a rousing speech about the Phantom Fox and how Foxes can urinate in 12 different positions. Some DHOTW candidate (see Moleskin) asked for a demonstration.
We spent the next few minutes working on our ABC & D’s back and forth across the grass.
- Army crawl (Dumper is fast but would get shot early in real combat)
- Bear crawl
- Crab walk
- Duck walk (questionable form here)
At this point its 7:48 so YHC mentioned that the legs needed some work and pretty sure Daisy Dukes threatened me. Mosey to Burry for 4 corners.
At each corner alternate jump lunges x 10 and jump squats x 10 each leg. Do this 3 rounds or until time was called.
Mosey to flag for COT
- The Fox is coming 2/3
- 5 minute prayer challenge. Run challenge coming soon
- Sign up to help buy Christmas gifts for needy families
Set Goals. Put in the work. Hold each other accountable. Reap the results. Get better.
F250, Fox, monthly challenges. Achieving a goal is great, but the journey is the true reward.
Notable Fartsack Excuses
- Stallion—Pine Ridge yard sale (Get a free Rebel Flag with purchase of Bong Pipe)
- Arnold—Farmers Conference with breakout session on Insemination Techniques for Heifers.
- Greenacres—Dog Hunting (avoiding me for the 2nd time this week. Thought we were tight)
- Goldilocks—taking the SAT again in one last attempt to beat his sons in anything
- Fudger—cleaning up Merlot
- Judge Judy—doing Zumba with the M
- Sir Mix A Lot–nursing
- Eisenhower—had nightmares about Southpoint High QB
- All Fartsackers mentioned above
- Paperboy for gray man photobombing the FNG photo and calling out the Q on his devo
- Tater Salad for BS’ing an FNG to come out and then won’t show again until his next bday.
- Chainsaw who is apparently a communist, for bolting during the Pledge of Allegiance
- Wall-E—showed up at Coffeeteria after “not setting his alarm clock right”