Conditions: Hot, humid and just right
Friday just before 5, YHC noticed that no one had stepped up to take the Q for Convergence. Since I had a new appreciation for life, thanks to Klinger for almost killing me Friday morning, I decided to share some love with the PAX.
I arrived 20 minutes early to the newly established “Nude Beach” AO, population Lil Sweet and Dumper. I walked over to the topless pair and they said they ran a few miles before hand, and Lil Sweet said that I didn’t have to worry about getting “kicked in the nuts” because he broke a sweat on his mosey. Whew…
3 minutes til, there were only about 6 PAX there, and by the time we got started 6 more showed up. Valley Boy has no time for sissy warmups so he got there just after we finished. Anyway, here is what went down.
I had this idea that a lot of the guys around Hartsville miss out on a lot of the non-Tuesday/Thursday AOs so I brought those to them at Convergence.
20 IC SSH
20 IC Reach Thrus
20 IC Imperial Walkers
I instructed the PAX to head over and grab a block and circle back up. (Enter Valley Boy)
Each AO was around 20 minutes except BC.
1st AO: Brick City
We did exercises starting with 50 reps and decreased by 10 each round. At the end of the round you had to complete 10 burpees and then hold air-chair before moving to the next set. It went like this:
Curls – 50-40-30-20-10
Overhead press – 50-40-30-20-10
Chest Press – 50-40-30-20-10
Upright Rows – 50-40-30-20-10
You did all 50s, 10 burpees, all 40s, 10 burpees etc
We made through the sets of 20 before having to move to the next AO. Time was called and the PAX lined up on the sidewalk by the road and set their blocks aside.
2nd AO: Temple (Crowd Pleaser)
We obviously didn’t have that God-forsaken hill, so we had to modify.
20 reps of Merkins, Squats and LBCs
Run to the other end of WARZONE, but stop and do 3 burpees in the middle (coming and going)
3rd AO: Currahee
Upon hearing the name of the 3rd AO, the PAX let out a collective sigh and started complaining.
Obviously, we didn’t have rucks so we simulated the “suck” with our blocks.
Using the trees, we bear-crawled to each tree while dragging/throwing our blocks and did 10 Merkins at each tree. Once you arrived at the end of WARZONE, you had to complete 20 block burpees.
To get back, you had to lunge with your block and do 10 Goblet Squats at each tree. Then, 20 block burpees
Time was called, we put our coupons up and circled back up.
I left my DEVO at home on a different paper, so I rehashed my DEVO from Clinic Thursday. Read it, it was much better. You can click the link below to see it.
The Clinic: 300s
8/26 – F3 Manning Big Bang – Goldi is heading up the clown car for it
9/2 – F3 Hartsville has the Q. Contact Goldi if you are interested in posting
Radar – having a procedure done
The Gutry Family – Asked the Lord to be with each of them
Jim Nelson – Smooth transition for his new adventure
- After about 10 minutes Goldi said, “It’s about time to stop this B#^#@!” Language Goldi! I expect that trash from the Clinic, but come on man! Only 4 of us posted today!
- T-Claps to Lil Sweet for doing some weird toe touch burpees during the Temple AO
- You lost that T-Claps when Radar had to come help you carry your block during the Currahee AO…
- Before the warmup was over, Dumper took his shoes and socks off. Must be a WARZONE thing
- Thanks to Dumper for bringing out a bucket of ice water and having water bottle for the PAX. After the workout, he poured it on himself. Lil Sweet was staring at this in daze. One can only imagine what was running through his mind
- Thanks for coming out Divac! Haven’t seen you post in over a month!
- Lovebug created a new workout. I’ll let him name it, but it simulates a dog scratching his butt on a carpet.
In all seriousness, great push to yall. Hard work was put in by everyone today.