The 3 G’s, Greenacres, Goldilocks, and YHC met up at SOS to take on Tropical Storm Kirk. But it didn’t take long for it to turn into a Tropical “Depression”. Here is what had happened.
Always 84 degrees in the pool unless Wall-E relieves himself
Swim a few laps
Was hoping for teams of 2, but since only 3 showed up we made it work
3 man DORA
- Partner A underwater brick slider down and back
- Partner B Salmon ladders (~125 as a team)
- Partner C Freestyle down and back
Each man got 3 rounds of each station
- 5 Gutter ups, swim with arms only to opposite end
- 20 two count flutter kicks, swim with legs only back to start
Rinse and repeat 5 x, flutter kicks on the 6
2 PAX tread water with brick overhead while 3rd pax freestyle down and back (Crowd pleaser). Switch out one man at a time until everyone has done a lap.
Cool down mosey down and back
- Tread water with arms only for 1 minute
- Tread water with legs only for 1 minute
Prayed for those affected by flooding. Look out for an opportunity to help our brothers in Conway/Myrtle Beach.
First time Q’ing SOS was loads of fun. Its not hard to make it suck because there is no break. The whole body gets a workout without getting beat to death. Tclaps to Goldilocks who swam without flippers which is much harder. He also floats much better than YHC who was flailing desperately while treading water.