Who: Hartsville Custom GORUCK participants. Others welcome but MUST have all the gear.
What: Hartsville Custom GORUCK Welcome Party simulation
When: Saturday 10/22 0650 – 0830 (ish)
Where: War Zone
Why: Because knowing is half the battle
Fadre (Fake Cadre): UHaul (and others)
Ladies….Honored to be asked to help lead a Welcome Party simulation. Well, you can’t have a Welcome Party without first going through an Administrative Phase to ensure you are all properly geared up.
Failure to pay attention to the details is setting your team up for extra opportunities.
Your readiness checklist for 10/22:
- Look up the GORUCK Tough Packing list and get ALL of the mandatory items ready to go 0700.
- Adhere to GORUCK weight standards for your rucks. Bricks or plates or sand…it doesn’t matter so long as it makes weight.
- 5 Ranks in alphabetical order as outlined in the participant event list. Left to right and then right to left as you go down the rank and file at the start point.
- FULL event participant list in alphabetical order. Present for the simulation or not, I want their names.
- Rucks at your feet with handle facing away. BE ORGANIZED. I WOULD NOT HAVE 6 LOOSE ITEMS IN YOUR RUCK.
- LABEL YOUR GEAR OR KNOW HOW TO IDENTIFY IT IF IT GETS LOST. *hint*
- You may get wet, prepare accordingly.
- Every pax should have 1 Carabiner.
- NO PATCHES on your gear.
- Team weight is optional
- Flag is not optional
Some of you are veterans to GORUCK. Sounds like many of you are virgins. Many of you know each other. Some have never met one another. The Welcome Party will bring you a little closer to knowing one another and lead you faster (hopefully) into becoming a team. It’s a ruck beat down and your first test of adversity. Your REAL Cadre is NO JOKE. He knows the 3 F’s and will see if you live by the standards others have shown GORUCK. He will bring it HARD on event night. If you haven’t been rucking miles or working out with your ruck…you’re wrong.
F3 has a reputation with GORUCK. ALL OF YOU must uphold that reputation. GYMR.
As Cadre Dan would say, "What are your questions at this time?"